Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Two - It all started with this guy...

One time when my Mum was out visiting she bought Lucas this little soft fish from Henry's.



And that's when it happened,  instant bond between boy and fish. Ever since, Lucas has been besotted with fish, his main love being clown fish and of course his main dude, Nemo.
Now, I've never been a fish lover, yeah, I know being Australian I should automatically love fish - not so much.
Can't take them swimming near me - don't like eating them. So Lucas's fascination with fish was kinda foreign to me. But we indulged him, at one point the boy was sleeping with over 20 soft fish! We've since come up with a creative way to have the fish near, and he now only sleeps with a select few favorites.
Over time I've come to love those googly eyed creatures and last October, for his birthday,  I decide to surprise the boy with a real live fish tank of his own.
I actually got really excited picking out the tank and all the goodies that go into making a cute (probably not the right word to use for an 8 year old boys aquarium, but anyways!) underwater paradise.
Came home, set it all up in his room and waited for him to get home from school.
The look on the boys face was priceless - more than I could have ever imagined - mum had done well - mum just made all his dreams come true.
so, as it goes in any household, the twice daily feedings are mums job - the once a week cleaning of the tank, yep, mums job...
But I actually like it! I've come to love those little guys and I know they love me! They basically light up when I walk into the room! (Never mind its usually feeding time)
I'm totally grateful for these fish, they make me feel peaceful,watching them swim around in their little world safe in my boys room. I've come to appreciate fish in a new way - and I love how they've brought me one step closer to my boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!