Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Three....The under appreciated body part...

Like at the beginning of every new year I have a silent resolution that I make to myself, get in better shape.
Don't we all?! I always have good intentions, but end up slacking off at some point.
So, today I decide that it was as good as any day to start walking again.
We've been having an unusually warm, or I should say hot, winter but this morning was cool and crispy. Perfect walking weather. I was looking forward to it!

As I was slipping on my old joggers this morning I looked down at my feet and really realised how much we take our feet for granted. Such a huge part of who we are -can you imagine not having any?
And not just for stand and walking. Imagine not being able to wiggle your toes on a warm sandy beach, or crunch Fall leaves under your shoes. I love digging my toes into lush soft carpet or cooling my soles on the tile in my bathroom. I get pure joy out of painting my toe nails pretty colors!
We really do abuse our poor feet, not once stopping to be grateful for the fact we have them - that we can skip for joy, jump up and down with excitement, run a race, chase our kids or just stand completely still.
So today I am grateful for my feet, as ugly as I may think they are, ( stare at the shape of your toes and you'll smile ) I couldn't imagine not having them.
That being said I think its time for a new pair of shoes!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!