Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day Thirteen...Mad Scientist...

Today I am grateful for Science.

Grace is in 4th Grade this year and along with that comes the new concept of having different classes for 2 subjects this year. She has History with Mrs. Dunn and Science with her own teacher Mrs Erdmann.
She's always been an excellent student, but this year she's shining. And its not just academically, its more about who she is as a person. She's growing into herself - and I'm enjoying every minute - the good, bad and the ugly! And believe me, at 10 and on the cusp of all the hormones surging through her, it ain't pretty sometimes!
But to see her thrive at school and have such a passion for her new subjects is just amazing to me.

She just loves Science. Rattles off all kinds of facts to me all the time.
So when we got the note home saying that 4th Grade would have the chance to be involved in a science fair project this year it was both exciting and overwhelming at the same time. But I know that Grace would get into it and with some guidance could really do something great.

I got all the supplies (including the bling!) and we have started to work on it tonight. 
Yes, we got into some heated debates/arguments at the beginning, but now we are on a roll and its really fun!
Watching her measure and label, write her hypothesis and observations. Concentrating and serious. - I'm having a hard time describing how I feel, except for incredibly proud.

We are staying up late to record whats happening - and I just love this moment in time - my child on the verge of a teenager - sometimes acting more adult than me! I love her passion and dedication, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!