Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day Fifteen...Brothers & Sisters..

I love it when my kids get along. Of course they are normal siblings, get into arguments, and knock out fights. But for the most part they really dig being around each other.

When I got pregnant with Lucas, making him only 23 months younger than Grace, I wondered how I would handle that. But Grace was an awesome toddler and big sister, and adored her little brother.
Now looking at the them, with Lucas as tall as Grace, you'd swear they were twins.

I love listening to them play together, the chatter of the games they are playing - the role playing and their endless imagination. The laughing and giggling when they are being silly or up to something. Sometimes I really feel left out!
They love knowing what the other is up to - and they love helping each other out.

Tonight I asked Grace if she would help Lucas with a school project that he has - he needs to draw himself on construction paper, life size, and color/decorate himself in. Grace being my little artist was all over it.

As I stood in the kitchen ironing I watched them work on this - heads bent together, discussing how it was to be done, a little arguing here and there but mostly lots of giggles.
My heart just swells when I watch them like this - united front, working together. Brother and sister.
I'm so grateful for their love for each other, for their bond and for the fact that they are mine.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!