Monday, January 9, 2012

Day seven...Its a dogs life...

Today I had to take Jack to the vet - again.

For those that don't know Jack, he's my first "baby", that came into my life almost 13 years ago. Troy surprised me with him one day, Jack was just 8 weeks old, and if I had know what was good for me I would have sent him back quick smart!
No, seriously - I wouldn't give up the years of fun we've had with Jack, but its certainly been a roller coaster ride!

Jack, Jack Russell Alexander to be exact, is a Jack Russell Terror, I mean Terrier!! Thankfully for us he never dug, jumped or chewed - much. But bark?? Boy oh boy, there's no description for that!!
But if I had to be totally honest? Couldn't imagine my life without him, don't want to think about the day when he's gone.
so, its back to the vet again - another set of x-rays, another $300 plus...but if it means giving him some comfort and prolonging his life with us, I do it without a blink of an eye.
Jack will be 13 next month - hes gone almost deaf, he has the start of heart and lung disease -  now we are treating his bronchitis, hence the visit. 

I love this barking, shedding nightmare ( pain in my rear end! ) - I love that he's sooooo happy to see me at the end of the day, his tail wagging for me. I can even tolerate the whiny begging for dog treats, coz I'm a sucker for those big brown doggy eyes. I love his wet kisses, and when he taps me with his paw for more tummy scratches. He loves my kids and they love him. I love snuggles on the couch and when he sneaks into the bed in the middle of the night. His love is unconditional, pure - all he cares for is his water, food and love.

So, as we drive back from the vet today, I look over and hes so happy to be riding in the car, looking out the window - just so happy living his doggy life. 
And I realize how grateful I am for him - the whole furry package!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!