Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day Twenty Four...Racers, start your engines..

I had a great day today!! 
Another picture perfect day - cloudless blue sky, a crisp morning turning into a sunny and warm 86 degree day (30C). Started my day with a walk, that turned into some good laughs as we tried to jog part of our walk. How great it is to be enjoying a brilliant morning with a close friend and having a great laugh at yourself! so liberating!

Then on to a networking lunch -a great meal surrounded by like minded business women. Enjoyable and productive at the same time -my kinda meeting!
But the best part of my day was the spontaneous decision by Troy to take the afternoon off and surprise the kids and have a fun afternoon together.
He had heard the indoor go kart racing center had "kids drive free" on Thursdays so we drove over to check it out. You should have seen Lucas's eyes light when he realized where we were. Priceless.
Grace and I decided not to drive today - and it was fun to watch my two boys race each other around the track, trying to out do one another - true boy competitiveness. Lucas wasn't too sure at first but by the end was beating his dad. To see his enthusiasm and joy was infectious! He told me next time he's going to take me on - Better watch out boy, this chick knows how to drive!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!