Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day five..soaking the battle wounds...

Today I decided it was good as any to tackle the jungle that we call a backyard. Its not a big backyard but definitely neglected over the last few months.If you know me you know I can't do anything in half measures, so I took to the yard like a solider enters the battle field. ( with Troy's words ringing in my ears before he left for the morning, "don't over do it" )  In thongs and welding a hack saw I start massacring bushes that had turned to trees, clipping hedges, ripping out weeds and raking a million and one leaves. I worked for hours, until the backyard is primped and pruned. 
As I bend to scoop up a pile of leaves I feel a twinge in my back and my thoughts are, "yup, I've over done it"
I've put my back out, pulled a muscle, all of the above.

I come inside and that's when I remember a good friend just sent me some delicious bath bombs! I'm gonna have a bath! I haven't had a bath in forever, maybe even years!
When I was single and living on my own in a little apartment, I spent many Sunday afternoons lazying around in a bathtub. Cranberries blaring on the stereo, wine in hand, singing at the top of my voice - adding hot water as the afternoon slips away. Oh how I've missed taking baths!
I run the water, add the bath bomb and watch the water turn a delicious shade of pink. I get my book ready and a bath pillow - I'm set! How wonderful is it to slip into a warm bath, my achy back almost sighs with relief.
I lazy in that bath for an hour, reading, daydreaming - relaxing! Why don't I do this more often?? Why am I always so "busy"??

Today I'm grateful for my body allowing me to still work in the backyard preparing it for Spring, I'm grateful for the yummy gift of bath bombs and for owning a bathtub - but most of all I'm grateful for the time to do nothing. 






1 comment:

  1. I love this one... Just took my first one in a long time with lavender, salts..... I want some bath bomb.......

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!