Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day eight...lost in a book...

Ok, I'll admit it - I'm hooked on the Hunger Games Trilogy. I've pretty much check out of life right now!
I'm not motivated to do anything but read.

I love reading - ever since I was a little girl, my head has been buried in a book. So much so my mum would beg me to go outside and play. But I loved being swept into another world, imagining myself a character in those books.

If I could read for a living my life would be complete!!

Sometimes a book will come across my hands that I just can not put down. The Twilight Series was like that - dinner wasn't getting cooked, chores not done - mummy who???!
I resisted The Hunger Games as much as I resisted Twilight, thinking that I wouldn't be interested - they really aren't my style of books.
But I was wrong, again. I'm on book two, and find any excuse to pick it up. Just a chapter here and there, right?
So, that brings me to today - the weather here in Southern California is to die for - perfect sunny, warm winter days - warmer than we deserve for winter but who's going to argue with that?
My backyard begs me to sit in it - and what the heck, I work from home, the kids are in school and I deserve to sit in my gorgeous backyard with my head buried deep in my book.
Today I am grateful for the perfect weather, peace and quiet in my backyard and my passion for reading.
And I'll get back to work again soon - well,  maybe after book three!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!