Friday, January 6, 2012

Day four..prayers and technology...

The thing about bad news is you never know when you're gonna get it...today was of those days.
I woke up to the news that my step dad Warren had taken a bad fall on the job and was in ICU.
I got this news in a brief email from my mum and a text from my sister. Its now the middle of the night in Australia and that's all I got. These are the moments I get so frustrated that I'm not "home", I feel useless. I feel panicky, in my family there isn't many of us left, I feel so far away.
I need to share this, I need my friends - so I share on Facebook and the response is immediate.The prayers roll in and I feel the love of my friends meshing together, for me, its powerful stuff. And this is all through a computer!!  I feel wrapped up and safe and loved - so grateful for my friends - what would I do without them? 

But what I need most is my momma, I need to hear her voice - I need her reassurance. Even as a grown woman I need to hear my mum tell me its gonna be ok.

I have to wait until lunch time to get a hold of her and I couldn't more grateful for my computer and for Skype.
To be able to see my mum as well as hear her is amazing. Wish I could reach through the screen and hug her!
We've been using Skype for some time now but today it really made me think about how grateful I am that can see her - that even though I can't be there physically, it really does bring us closer together - I can SEE her emotions, her expressions. It amazes me how this all works - I can plug in my computer, and through some wires my mum is here in the room with me on a screen, on the other side of the world! Crazy!!
I don't know how it works and I really don't care, I'm just grateful that I have this technology, especially today. Even though we can be a street away or a world apart, we are still right here in the same room.

Thank you Facebook and Skype!


Update on Waz - he's still in ICU, they are making sure his spleen has stopped bleeding into the stomach cavity. They are hoping not to have to operate and remove his spleen. He has broken ribs and badly bruised his kidney. They hope he will only have to be in ICU for a few days and then they will transfer him over to a regular ward. Lots of love and hugs to this man, love him to pieces!



1 comment:

  1. Vee, it must have been such a shock for you to receive a message about someone you love who has been in a serious accident when you are so far away from them. It must have been incredibly painful for you to go through that. You are one hell of a tough person though Vee. I always admired that about you. You always keep things together when times are tough. I admit I was shocked when mum told me today. I hope & pray Warren recovers well. He's a really special person. Thinking of you my friend.
    Suzi x
    suzimaynard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!