Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Eleven...TGIF...

Today I'm grateful for a gorgeous day. I can't believe the weather we are having for the middle of winter - another picture perfect day.
What made today special is that I "took the day off". I actually consciously didn't work. Didn't really think much about work at all - didn't worry about housework or chores.
I took the day off and spent it with a good friend  and she took the day off and spent it with me.
We walked aimlessly around some shops, not really wanting for anything. Had a lovely lunch and some much needed girl talk.
It felt good to just sit and relax! We enjoyed the day.

I made a pact with myself at the beginning of this year - to be less stressed - to not feel guilty for "me" time.
We are only 13 days into the new year I know, but I do feel more at peace, more relaxed and I hope that I can keep this up.
We'll see!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!