Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day Nineteen...It's Chili in here..

I love Saturdays. For so many reasons. You are free to do whatever with your day - all or nothing.

Today is a cold rainy day - the best kind of Saturday.
Today is a busy Saturday - I have to work later today, while Troy and the kids go to church.
We've had a productive Saturday with lots of chores getting done by all of us. That means if tomorrow is a rainy cold day we are free to do nothing. Best kind of Sunday in my mind!

I love today, being home together, warm and snuggly - busy bees, cleaning house. Music station on the TV, yummy Scentsy smells throughout the house. Making everything clean and shiny again. Feels complete.

Since I'm working tonight its a crock pot day. How I love my crock pot!! Everyone gets a hot meal, doesn't matter when they get home. Especially when I get home from work, I can have a hot yummy dinner.
Today its chili - perfect for this weather. So, I'm in the kitchen getting everything put together and Grace wanders in and wants to help.
I love how much of a help she can be - so I put her in charge of making honey corn bread to go with the chili.
I smile while I watch her get all the ingredients, measure, pour and mix. Reminds me of many hours spent in the kitchen with my own mum. Where did those years pass?? When did I end up being the mum in this story?! 

I'm grateful for those times in the kitchen with my mum, its made me a pretty good cook. I look forward to sharing those times with my own kids. Our family history passed down in those recipe books.

And I know I will be grateful tonight, when I get home from work and I can snuggly down with a big bowl of goodness.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!