Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Sixteen...Just Breathe...

I've been a little slack with the whole walking thing and haven't felt too good about it.
I really enjoy walking, and even though I don't need to lose any weight, some toning up would be good. But what I get most out of it is the emotional aspect of it.
I love feeling energized - I feel happier, bouncier, I feel like it sets the tone for my day. I'm just in a better mood.
So today I was able to walk again with a friend, her company I truly enjoy, and I think we both get some girl therapy from it!

Today was particularly gorgeous.  A super crisp 38F degrees ( 3C for my Aussies ) and only warming up to 47F (8C) by the end of the walk. I don't normally like the cold, but it was such a pretty day and once you start a brisk walk its really enjoyable.
The sun was warm on our backs and it made the bushes steam all around us as it warmed up the frost that was coating the leaves. The grass was white and  frosty with ice. Everything seemed really sharp with color, clear and fresh.
I love breathing in deeply through my nose - the cold air filling up and numbing my nostrils and throat. So clean and cold, so refreshing. I feel so alive!

I feel so grateful for being alive, for being able to take the time to fit in a morning walk, for my girl time with my friend, and for the cold crisp air that makes me feel so good.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!