Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day Thirty four...Tax Time!

Ugh. How I hate book keeping. receipts, pieces of paper, invoices, checks and forms. The list goes on.
This is the hardest part of running my business. And I'm really terrible at it. I must admit I have gotten marginally better than last year, after handing my tax agent a baggie of receipts.  (Don't think he was too impressed! )
I got off on a good start and petered out sometime around September. My desk has become a mountain of paperwork and our tax appointment is in 2 weeks.

So I decided today was as good as any to get up to date. Thinking it wouldn't take too long, I pulled everything out onto the lounge room floor and got stuck into it. Blah, I'm still not done!! Close though!

As I was moaning and groaning, printing out invoices back from 3 months ago, trying to figure out what was what and how much this sucked, I realized that if I didn't have all this I wouldn't have a successful business. And without my business we wouldn't have quite a few things.
So I guess today I am grateful for the piles of paper, my trusty calculator and the fact that I made some decent money for us this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!