Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day Fifty Five...Girl Time..

Today I got to go to my friends 40th birthday party. It was held at another friends house and as always so beautiful planned.
It was Tuscan flavored, with gorgeous place settings and a delicious meal.

I love how these amazing women all came together, pulling together this party - various dishes were brought, others whipped up things in the kitchen. Everyone busy doing something - a hub of activity. At this point in our lives we are all so comfortable and at ease with one another - we know what needs to be done, and its not all left on one person.

I just love this great group of gals that are now my friends - and as I sat in the sun enjoying my meal, I took in the different conversations around me.
I love that we were able to take some time off from our busy lives and just be together, enjoying each others company. Laughing and sharing stories, catching up.

I think as women we can never have too much girl time - its so important to our well being. Whether its a sister or a really good friend, these relationships are necessary. No matter how old we get or how grown up we are supposed to be, girlfriend time, giggles and a glass of wine thrown in for good measure is good for the soul!

I'm grateful for these girls, some I am closer to than others but all play a part in my life in some way. And today just reminded me how much I need them and how I look forward to our next get together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!