Friday, February 24, 2012

Day Fifty Three..Belle of the Ball

Tonight is the Daddy/Daughter Dance at school. I'm so grateful that Grace is well enough to go. She's been excited about this for weeks.

My heart skips a beat when I look at her all dressed up - pink eye shadow and glitter dusting her shoulders. She's getting so grown up and I wonder where the heck the last ten years went.

My whole life I dreamt of the day I might have a daughter. These are the moments I had hoped for - the girly girl moments. I want to embrace this moment, still a little girl, not quite a teenager yet. Still silly and full of giggles and wanting me to do her hair. Like a baby giraffe with those long legs in little heels.

I love that my husband thought to buy her a gorgeous corsage - and I know one day it will be a boy loving my girl, buying her a corsage for a dance. Makes me want to cry because its right around the next corner.
I'm so proud of my girl - my every dream came true when she entered my life. I am blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!