Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day Fourty Five...see ya round like a rissole..

Today I needed some comfort food. Food my oma or mum would cook.
 So I decided to go with Chicken Rissoles. Can't get more comforting than that!

Chicken Rissoles are made from chicken mince, (ground chicken breast) - kinda like a meat ball but bigger, longer. I mix mine with salt, pepper, some finely chopped onion and bread crumbs. Shape them into a "patty" and fry them up. Once cooked I add some chicken stock to the pan, scrap up all the goodness on the bottom and then transfer the lot into a casserole dish to bake for a while. They are so moist and flavorful!! So yummy warm and just as good cold on a sandwich. They are also good with just about any side, mashed potato is the best but tonight I made fries and some veges.

I love that I had an oma and mum that were fabulous cooks with all these yummy delicious dishes they shared with me, and that my mum taught me how to cook. And I'm grateful that my family loves it all too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!