Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day Sixty Four... Happy Birthday!

Today is my mum's birthday. Can't imagine not having this woman in my life.

Yes, We've had our ups and downs, what mother and daughter hasn't? But my mum means the world to me.
I go to her for advice or when I need a should to cry on, which isn't easy being here in the States. We've spent thousands on long distance phone calls and I swear we hold the US/Australian postal system together.

Back in the day we used to fax each other when we couldn't wait over a week for a letter to get across the world. Now we have Skype, which isn't as good as being in the same room together, but better than what we had 10 years ago.

I love when we get to be together, cups of tea and yummy cakes - perusing shops, or just hanging out chatting. We enjoy each others company but also know when we've had enough of each other too. I love that I can talk to my mum about anything.

We are planning a girls week away for later in the year to New York. I'm super excited that I can get some one on one time with my mum in a city that we both love. I look forward to the quality time I will get with her. I can't wait to make some memories.

Happy Birthday Mum!! I love you with all my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!