Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day Twelve..."What would it take for you to buy this car today?"

Today I am extra grateful for "Big Red". 
"Big Red" is my 2001 GMC Yukon - my truck. We've had her about 7 years now and she's served us pretty well.
We've had a lot of miles and memories in Big Red. Family road trips, trips to the ER, happy hellos and sad good bye runs to LAX and the day to day back and forth to RCS.
We've done a lot of fun things in Big Red! You can see the love in the wear and tear on her.
Big Red is also the Scentsy mobile now....hauling wickless candles all over the Inland Empire and beyond. Couldn't imagine not having Big Red.

But today we went car shopping - Troy needs to replace his car and one of the options is for him to take Big Red and for me to get a new car. I was totally super excited to go car shopping - finally its my turn to get a new car!
We only spent 2 hours in one car dealership and I'm already almost over it. Big Red is looking pretty ok right about now!! 
As much as I want a new car I don't want a car payment. But those new cars are sooooo nice, with their seat warmers and fancy bells and whistles...And the the smooth (well, maybe not that smooth!) car salesmen, that would do anything to have you buy this car today.

So, we will continue looking, and I will have a new appreciation for Big Red. 
And if I do get a new car at least she stays in the family a little longer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!